FALLA provides continuing legal education seminars and presentations as well as social events to help foster and enhance the practice and study of law for LGBT lawyers, law students, judges, paralegals, and legal support services providers, and to stimulate friendships, referral relationships, and professional development for our members and allies in the community.
FALLA is organized and shall be operated exclusively to carry out the following purposes:
- To actively promote lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender and gender expression equality and the leadership roles of FALLA’s members in the legal profession, judiciary, and community at large;
- To introduce individuals in the LGBT community to the use of the legal system, including the proper use of forms and procedures when dealing with issues specific to our communities;
- To support, assist, encourage, and promote the legal community in general;
- To collect dues from members for the furtherance of legal interests in the general community; and.
- To engage in such other activities in furtherance and support of the foregoing purposes as are lawful and proper for corporations formed under Florida Statutes, Chapter 617 and Section 501 (c)( 6) of the Internal Revenue Code.